Welcome to the section of our site where we post the latest issues of our newsletters.
We offer Professional Audience publications, which are written for physicians, nurses and researchers, but patients and their families and friends are also encouraged to read these articles.
Our publications for General Audiences are full of the latest news and information that patients and their loved ones can use.
healthpoints: For the healthcare consumer
Columbia University Medical Center surgeons care for the community by providing education and information on various medical conditions that may require surgery.
Healthpoints is for anyone considering or seeking opinion about surgery.
- Greetings: Message from the Chairman
- Metastatic Melanoma: IL-2 therapy leaves Stan Adler with no evidence of disease
- eg Cramping: Determing whether unexplained pain indicates a serious vascular problem
- Breast Cancer: Special initiatives address unique features of breast cancer in Asian women
Sign up for our healthpoints e-newsletter
Subscribe to e-Newsletters from NewYork-Presbyterian
NewYork-Presbyterian recently launched four monthly e-Newsletters; each features articles about advancements in patient care, education, and research
plus related features such as webcasts and podcasts, and other news articles about advances in the field of medicine. Subscribe
Liver Disease and Transplantation Newsletters
For Patients: Liver Connection
The newsletter for liver transplant patients and families.
Sign up to receive an email when a new edition of Liver Connection is posted on our website.
If you prefer to receive the newsletter by mail, you can add your name to our mailing listor change your address, if you already receive the newsletter.
- Transplant News
- Silvia's Corner Silvia Hafliger, MD
Reflections on a Successful Transplant Journey
- The Pharmacy Corner Over The Counter Medications to Avoid After Transplant: NSAIDs
- Recipient Holiday Party
- Educational Workshops
- Transplant Support Groups
- Transplant Resources
- Area Support Groups
For Physicians: Liver News
- Laparoscopic Living Donor Liver Surgery
- Advances in Liver Preservation Result in Improved Outcomes
- Chronic Hepatitis B Update
- Hypertension Management Post-Liver Transplant
- Management of Bone Disease Pre- and Post-Liver Transplant
- The Importance of a Caregiver and a Community Physician for the Success of a Liver Transplant
- New Faculty and Staff
Welcome to the inaugural issue of Connections, a quarterly newsletter published jointly by Columbia University Medical Center's Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology Departments.
In each issue we will bring you news about how our programs, people, and cutting-edge research are furthering our mission: providing extraordinary care to women and children.
Each issue will also feature highlights of our joint programs with NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and Sloane Hospital for Women.
Issues: Summer 2012
Women At Risk Newsletter
Addressing the needs of breast cancer survivors.
Issues: December 2010,
Sign up for WAR's mailing list
John Jones Surgical Society Newsletter: For alumni of the Presbyterian Hospital surgical service
Keep in touch with colleagues who have trained and practiced in the Columbia University Medical Center Department of Surgery;
learn about the activities and current DOS attending residents.
- Why Webster?
- Webster's Upbringing and John Staige Davis' Advocacy for Specialty Independence
- Peking Union Medical College
- CUMC's Plastic Surgery Division and Webster's Library
- Webster's Successors
- Columbia/Cornell Combined Division's Research and Commitment to Humanitarian Service
- Webster's Legacy and Let's Not Lose Our Way
- The American College of Surgeons Clincal Congress
John Jones Surgical Society Reception
A physician newsletter published by the division.
- Message from the Director
- Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery
- Body Contouring
- Microsurgical Reconstruction