Welcome to the section of our site where we post the latest issues of our newsletters.
We offer Professional Audience publications, which are written for physicians, nurses and researchers, but patients and their families and friends are also encouraged to read these articles.
Our publications for General Audiences are full of the latest news and information that patients and their loved ones can use.
healthpoints: For the healthcare consumer
Columbia University Medical Center surgeons care for the community by providing education and information on various medical conditions that may require surgery.
Healthpoints is for anyone considering or seeking opinion about surgery.
- Greetings: Message from the Chairman
- Gastric Cancer: New initiatives in screening and education take aim at deadly disease
- Lung Transplantation: Update on ex vivo lung perfusion, a new method to assess and prepare donor lungs
- New Faculty: Meet the newest physicians and surgeons in the Department of Surgery
Sign up for our healthpoints e-newsletter
Subscribe to e-Newsletters from NewYork-Presbyterian
NewYork-Presbyterian recently launched four monthly e-Newsletters; each features articles about advancements in patient care, education, and research
plus related features such as webcasts and podcasts, and other news articles about advances in the field of medicine. Subscribe
Liver Disease and Transplantation Newsletters
For Patients: Liver Connection
The newsletter for liver transplant patients and families.
Sign up to receive an email when a new edition of Liver Connection is posted on our website.
If you prefer to receive the newsletter by mail, you can add your name to our mailing listor change your address, if you already receive the newsletter.
- Transplant News
- The Affordable Care Act
- Silvia's Corner Silvia Hafliger, MD
Transplant Readiness Part II: Are you ready for the call?
- Patient Voices: A Reflection...My Journey Continues...
- Caregiving: Put Technology to Work for You
- The Pharmacy Corner Vaccines in Transplant Recipients
- Caregiver Support Group
- Educational Workshops
- Transplant Support Groups
- Transplant Resources
- Area Support Groups
For Physicians: Liver News
- Laparoscopic Living Donor Liver Surgery
- Advances in Liver Preservation Result in Improved Outcomes
- Chronic Hepatitis B Update
- Hypertension Management Post-Liver Transplant
- Management of Bone Disease Pre- and Post-Liver Transplant
- The Importance of a Caregiver and a Community Physician for the Success of a Liver Transplant
- New Faculty and Staff
Welcome to the inaugural issue of Connections, a quarterly newsletter published jointly by Columbia University Medical Center's Pediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology Departments.
In each issue we will bring you news about how our programs, people, and cutting-edge research are furthering our mission: providing extraordinary care to women and children.
Each issue will also feature highlights of our joint programs with NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and Sloane Hospital for Women.
Issues: Summer 2012
Women At Risk Newsletter
Addressing the needs of breast cancer survivors.
Issues: December 2010,
Sign up for WAR's mailing list
John Jones Surgical Society Newsletter: For alumni of the Presbyterian Hospital surgical service
Keep in touch with colleagues who have trained and practiced in the Columbia University Medical Center Department of Surgery;
learn about the activities and current DOS attending residents.
- Thoughts from the Recorder of the Society
- Surgical Education Updates
- Lessons Learned
- Graduate Update
- John Jones Research Fellow Summary
A physician newsletter published by the division.
- Message from the Director
- Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery
- Body Contouring
- Microsurgical Reconstruction