Welcome to the section of our site where we post the latest issues of our newsletters.
We offer Professional Audience publications, which are written for physicians, nurses and researchers, but patients and their families and friends are also encouraged to read these articles.
Our publications for General Audiences are full of the latest news and information that patients and their loved ones can use.
healthpoints: For the healthcare consumer
Columbia University Medical Center surgeons care for the community by providing education and information on various medical conditions that may require surgery.
Healthpoints is for anyone considering or seeking opinion about surgery.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Detecting and preventing GERD-related aspiration
- Honors, Awards, and Announcements
- Abdominal Cancers: Successful treatment with cytoreduction surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- GI/Endocrine Surgery: Surgical robot improves pancreatic and gastric operations
Sign up for our healthpoints e-newsletter
Liver Disease and Transplantation Newsletters
The newsletter for liver transplant patients and families.
Sign up to receive an email when a new edition of Liver Connection is posted on our website.
If you prefer to receive the newsletter by mail, you can add your name to our mailing listor change your address, if you already receive the newsletter.
- Transplant News
- Silvia's Corner Silvia Hafliger, MD
Transplant Readiness Part IV: It Is All About Maintenance
- Patient Voices: The Real Work
- A Caregiving Story
- The Pharmacy Corner Over the Counter Pain Medications
- Educational Workshops
- Transplant Support Groups
- Transplant Resources
- Area Support Groups
John Jones Surgical Society Newsletter: For alumni of the Presbyterian Hospital surgical service
Keep in touch with colleagues who have trained and practiced in the Columbia University Medical Center Department of Surgery;
learn about the activities and current DOS attending residents.
- Letter from the President
- A Great Foundation
- Lessons Learned
- The John Jones Research Fellow
- The Columbia Summer Research Institute
- What am I Doing Now
- A Junior Faculty Member's Journey
- Kenneth A. Forde, MD Junior Faculty Research Award
- 2nd Year P&S Student Presents at the ACS
- Photographs from the ACS 2013 Reception - Washington DC
A physician newsletter published by the division.
- Message from the Director
- Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery
- Body Contouring
- Microsurgical Reconstruction