WelcomeWelcome to the Columbia University Department of Surgery. Our fundamental mission is excellence in clinical care, teaching, and research. Our interdisciplinary approach assures that patients receive the best possible care in close collaboration with referring physicians.
This site strives to offer you detailed information about proven surgical and medical treatments, as well as current clinical trials. We offer online registration for upcoming CME courses, as well as information on booking grand rounds speakers. Our online directory provides specialty, publication, and contact information for our clinical faculty and staff.
For elective referral of patients please call Deborah Schwarz-McGregor at 212.305.7013. For urgent or emergent transfer of patients call 1.800.NYPSTAT.
What we're learning with each passing day is that what we're capable of achieving is nothing short of breathtaking.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement as Good as Open Surgery, According to PARTNER Results
- News from Dr. Spotnitz's Laboratory
- Dr. James Guarrera Is PI in First-of-Its-Kind Liver Preservation Study
- Pediatric Cancer: Bench to Bedside
- NYP/Columbia Offers Artificial Liver Device as Part of Ongoing Trial